This course near Edinburgh, Scotland was originally laid out in 1921 by Harry Colt. It has no par 5’s due to the tight nature of the site but continues to be highly regarded alongside its more illustrious neighbours such as North Berwick and Muirfield.
Over the years a number of different architects have worked on the course resulting in Colt’s original design being diluted and Kimber & Glen has been working with the club fro over 10 years to restore some of the key features of the original layout. Following a decision by the club to carry out a full course review and extensive renovations Kimber & Glen have been asked to assist with this process to ensure that the originally intended shot values are not lost during any course improvements. We are also advising on the style of bunkering to be implemented and are overseeing the construction, working with the green keeping team to ensure the best results. To date we have made improvements to over half of the holes including a substantial remodel of the 5th green complex in 2017.